Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My VERY favorite flower!

GLORIOSA LILY

As a horticulturist... and plant lover -- is it wrong of me to have a FAVORITE flower? I can't help myself. Gloriosa Lily stops me in my tracks every time....  the flower itself is what excites me! Bright red and the form is crazy -- inside out and upside down! Gloriosa makes a beautiful cutflower and is long lasting!

What flower excites you?
That's our latest discussion on Facebook. Click here to 'Like' our Facebook page and join the discussion!

Gloriosa superba -- picture taken in the courtyard of a past client

'Read more' to see what flower excites our Facebook follower Jamie..... 



Our Teal Green Madonna Facebook follower -- Jamie  ....loves Kangaroo Paw (Anigoznathos sp.) AND SO DO WE.  An Austrilian native - Kangaroo Paw does well as a landscape plant in California. In other areas of the U.S. it is used as a cut flower -- very long lasting.

We were inspired by Jamie and wanna share one of our favorite Kangaroo Paw cultivars  -- Anigozanthos manglesii 'Rudolph' commonly called: Red and Green kangaroo paw. (hmmm... wonder why? -- we like Rudolph better!)

*photo credit: Google Image


2 comments:

  1. My favourite has to be the chocolate orchid (Oncidium Sharry Baby I think)

    It's an interesting type of orchid in that it has the real scent of chocolate!! :)

    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nose can pick up Sharry Baby orchids from a mile away! I can always tell as soon as I walk into a florist or garden center if they have them on hand! -- good pick!

    ReplyDelete