Thursday, September 16, 2010

Green with Envy -- Lou Zeldis ring

Ever wanted something that a friend had? ...a sibling? It's just the worst feeling! Life is fun -- and I am so blessed... but sometimes I see green, Envy.

A very stylish customer of mine that I had grown close to during his visits -- walked into the nursery one day... and that's when I noticed he was wearing an unusual ring. I couldn't figure out the stone. It was oversized, unique and it really spoke to me ...I had to know more -- what was it and where he got it.

So in the right moment, I asked him about his ring... he shared with me that it was sea glass and he purchased it at a local jewelry shop there in Carlsbad, CA.... and, it was by the artist Lou Zeldis. ....I complimented it, wrote down the name Lou Zeldis and put it in my pocket.

When I got home... I went to Google and I searched -- Lou Zeldis ....this is what I read:

Have you seen the legendary work of Lou Zeldis? Inspired to start crafting jewelry by the sense of energy he felt from wearing different charms, Zeldis believes in the magic carried through the objects -- from the natural state, to the construction, and into the owner's world. He incorporates found materials from shores and mountains in his home in Bali, such as river rock , antique cut diamonds, shells, and manta ray thorns, creating pieces that become your personal totem. Zeldis aims for a harmony and strength of form in his pieces as well as in his process -- he crafts his one of a kind pieces from his secluded mountain top home, where he finds the serenity to create his collection. I get the feeling that these pieces choose you as much as you would choose them, don't you thing?

Had I been chosen?

Well, after reading that (and reading that his designs are very popular with young Hollywood) I HAD TO HAVE ONE! So, I too visited Tashci -- the little jewelery shop in downtown Carlsbad. And now, I am the proud owner of an emerald sea glass Lou Zeldis ring ...set in pebbled sterling silver -- direct from the beaches of Bali!

You seeing green now?

Lou Zeldis rings are one-of-a-kind... Search him out -- see if a local retailer carries his pieces. Maybe you are a chosen one!





1 comment:

  1. You can find Lou Zeldis at Lorna Davison Designs
    or Davisonlorna@gmail.com. connect with me on Google +

    ReplyDelete