Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Nursery Trip -- A Treat for me and my Nose!

Over the weekend I visited a local nursery here in San Diego -- and WOW what a treat for me and my nose! I love white flowers... but, what I love even more -- FRAGRANT white flowers! Please enjoy the snapshots below of some of my favorites!

All of the flowers below are VERY fragrant

Michelia alba, Tropical tree native to the Himalayas... in the surrounding areas -- flowers are collected and placed in bowls of water to perfume areas of the home -- like the bathroom. This tree is pretty $$$. Expect to pay $200+ for a 7-15gallon. I have planted this tree before at a client's home.... it blooms all seasons!
 
Brugmansia - Angel's Trumpet(double white) Isn't this beautiful?! Fragrance starts to come alive around dusk. I have seen this plant over winter in USDA zone 6b -- but it was a mild winter.

Gardenia thunbergia, some might call this 'the original gardenia' -- This flower in the picture was snapped from the largest G. thunbergia i have EVER seen.... it was 15ft+ tall with a 12in diameter trunk -- a true tree! The flowers were 4-5in across as well -- again, largest I've ever seen.

Vigna caracalla - Snail Vine ...Okay -- this one has a lil purple!

(close up) I wonder how it gets the common name Snail Vine?

Jasminum sambac -- Arabian Jasmine, Unusual double flower for a jasmine -- but wonderfully scented! This one grown my Monrovia -- this plant is sometimes hard to come by!
'READ MORE' for another beautiful fragrant RED flower

ONE MORE! It's not white -- but I had to post!

Amazing Red Plumeria! The color was SO intense! Strong Fragrance. Can be yours....  only $450.00!


No comments:

Post a Comment